Australia’s biggest blood pressure check aims to improve public awareness and early detection of individuals at risk of stroke, type 2 diabetes and other cardiovascular disease. As part of the program there are opportunities for impromptu screening assessments in pharmacies and community centres right across Queensland.
Stroke in Queensland – quick facts
- 9,443 strokes in Qld every year
- 2,015 deaths from stroke in Qld each year
- 83,111 stroke survivors living in Qld
- 802,200 Qld’ers have high blood pressure
- 1.2 million Qld’ers have high cholesterol
For more information visit the Stroke Foundation www.strokefoundation.com.au