9 August, 2019 –
Queensland Day, held on 6 June each year, is an opportunity to get together and celebrate our state’s diverse culture, heritage, people, places and industry.
Next year, Queensland will celebrate 161 years since separation from New South Wales.
Applications are now open for the 2020 Queensland Day Sponsorship Program.
Funding of up to $15,000 is available for community groups to host events – such as concerts, festivals, markets, BBQs and active recreation activities – held between 30 May and 7 June 2020 to mark Queensland’s iconic day.
Sponsored events and initiatives will need to:
- raise community awareness of Queensland Day and Queensland themes
- encourage community participation and engagement
- contribute to a statewide program of diverse, inclusive and innovative community events, celebrations, initiatives and promotions
- promote social, cultural and economic benefit to the community
- showcase local or Queensland entertainers, produce or icons.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 9 September 2019.