21 July, 2020 –
For many people, going to court can feel like the worst possible day in their life.
Court Network is a free confidential community support service for all court users: victims, witnesses, accused, family and friends. They’re able to provide non-legal information, support and referral over the phone to help vulnerable and distressed court users to navigate the system.
Court Network can help with:
- Information about what happens before, during or after court;
- How to best contact various courts and tribunals;
- Safety issues and arranging access to a secure room if required;
- Up-to-date information on new arrangements for court since COVID-19;
- Referrals to nearby legal services and appropriate services that could assist with issues such as housing, domestic violence and mental health
Call between 9am and 4pm, Mon-Fri on 1800 571 239 or visit courtnetwork.com.au to find out more.