13 May, 2019 –
It doesn’t matter what industry you are in, where you operate, or how big or small your workforce is. We want other businesses to hear about your successes and see if they can make their own workplace safer or get injured workers back on the job faster.
The Safe Work and Return to Work Awards are all about shining a spotlight on organisations or individuals who are doing great things when it comes to work health and safety or rehabilitation and return to work.
Mitchell Services was a finalist in last year’s awards and used a practical application of the concepts of ‘Safety differently’ – find out more in their video, below.
With 11 award categories this year and up to $2,000 in prize money there is something to suit any initiative, solution or project.
The 2019 categories are:
- Category 1 – Best solution to an identified health and safety issue
- Category 2 – Best individual contribution to work health and safety
- Category 3 – Best solution to an identified electrical safety issue
- Category 4 – Most significant improvement to work health and safety performance
- Category 5 – Best commitment to work health and wellbeing
- Category 6 – Best demonstrated leadership in work health and safety (Closed category – entrants are chosen by the judging panels from categories one to five)
- Category 7 – Injured worker achievement award (serious injury and return to work)
- Category 8 – Best rehabilitation and return to work management system
- Category 9 – Best individual contribution to rehabilitation and return to work
- Category 10 – Best demonstrated leadership in return to work (Closed category – entrants are chosen by the judging panels from categories seven to nine)
- NEW Category 11 – Best demonstrated healthy and safe work design (Closed category – entrants are chosen by the judging panels from categories one to five, eight and nine).
Entries close Friday 21 June. The winners will be announced by Safety Ambassador Shane Webcke in October, during Safe Work Month.
Find out more at https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/safe-work-and-return-to-work-awards