8 July 2015 –
Great news for sporting clubs right across Queensland. The Queensland Government is boosting the hugely successful Get in the Game program.
The Get in the Game program supports local sporting and recreational clubs right across Queensland to help improve equipment and facilities, get people involved in sport, and to improve community access.
The program provides:
- Vouchers worth up to $150 to help children and young people who can least afford it join a sport or recreation club
- Funding for clubs to buy new equipment
- Support for clubs to run programs that encourage community participation
- Funding to upgrade grounds and facilities
- Funds for new or upgraded facilities that meet regional and community needs.
The Queensland Government has announced a $10 million increase in funding for the Get in the Game program, which brings total funding to more than $80 million for local clubs over the next three years.
The opening dates for the upcoming rounds of each program are:
- Getting started vouchers – 15 July 2015
- Get going clubs – 3 August 2015
- Get playing places and spaces – 3 August 2015
- Get playing plus – 1 September 2015
For more information visit www.npsr.gov.au/getinthegame