22 July, 2019 –
Queensland is home to over 1,800 food and beverage production small businesses, including artisan producers like Wendy from The Cheeseboard here in Stafford.
These artisan producers are developing delicious, unique and local products that are gaining popularity, not only locally, but across Australia and abroad thanks to Queensland’s fantastic produce and the passion of small business owners.
Our new Supporting Artisan Producers plan includes grants of up to $5,000 in matched funding to help producers grow their businesses, access new market opportunities and enhance their gourmet food expertise.
Grant funding can be used for training, advice or services – such as business mentoring or coaching; strategic planning; marketing strategy development; website and e-commerce development or upgrades.
To be eligible for an Artisan Producer Grant, the business must:
- be an artisanal producer of gourmet food (including non-alcoholic beverages) based in Queensland
- have a registered business name and active ABN
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- use ingredients in a unique or skilled manner
- be sensitive to the impact of production on people and environment.
Projects approved for funding must be completed within three months of the date of approval.
Grant applications close 22 August 2019.
To find out more visit business.qld.gov.au/artisanproducer