10 February, 2019 –
A gentle reminder to all our great local sporting and community groups that applications are now being accepted for Round 104 of the Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF).
Local organisations like Down Syndrome Queensland (pictured), Brisbane Hockey Management Group, Kedron Wavell Services Hockey Club, Grange Thistle Football Club, The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation, and YMCA Stafford Gymnastics are recent successful GCBF applicants –
- Down Syndrome Queensland Ltd – $14,388 to purchase telephone systems and laptops.
- Brisbane Hockey Management Group Inc – $20,680 to install spectator seating.
- Grange Thistle Football Club Ltd – $12,775 to install a coldroom.
- Kedron Wavell Services Hockey Club Inc – $17,500 to install spectator grandstands.
- The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation – $19,839 to purchase equipment.
- YMCA Stafford Gymnastics – $19,584 to install an outdoor covered area and purchase equipment.
The GCBF is Queensland’s largest one-off grants program and delivers grants, from $500 to $35,000, to community organisations for worthwhile projects that might otherwise be out of reach.
If you are involved with a local not-for-profit organisation, I urge you to please get on to this as soon as you can.
Applications for this round close at 11:59pm on 29 February 2020.
To find out more or to apply visit www.justice.qld.gov.au/grants