16 July, 2019 –
The Dignity First Fund provides one-off grants for person-centred, community-managed, grass-root projects that make a big difference in the day-to-day lives of people doing it tough.
Individuals and organisations can apply for up to $150,000 for Queensland-based innovative projects that help people transition from homelessness with dignity that lasts.
This round of funding seeks proposals that provide sustainable improvements to a person’s situation. Preference will be given to projects that address unmet needs and target services for:
- Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- children and young people
- people experiencing repeat homelessness
- people exiting care into homelessness
- older people
- women and children affected by family and domestic violence.
Previous recipients include north side community organisation, Second Shot Espresso, who provide professional training, employment and support to young homeless people, giving them a second shot at life.
Round 4 applications close 16 August 2019.
To find out more visit www.bit.ly/DignityFirst