26 March, 2019 –
The Multicultural Queensland Awards are about acknowledging and showcasing the many initiatives that individuals, groups, business and governments undertake to bring people together, create a sense of belonging, and celebrate cultural diversity in our state.
There’s $500 prize money available for each of the award categories. This year’s award categories are:
- Outstanding Young Achiever – under 25 years, including volunteers
- Outstanding Individual Achiever – 25 years and over, including volunteers
- Community – for not-for-profit community organisations or groups
- Education, training and skills – for government and non-government early childhood education and care, schools, universities, TAFEs or registered training organisations located in Queensland
- Business – for businesses, companies and finance
- Government (local) – for a local government entity or team within a local government entity
- Government (state) – for a state government entity or team within a state government entity
- Media – for journalists, bloggers and online influencers.
Nominations close at midnight on Thursday 18 April 2019. Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on Friday 30 August 2019 during Multicultural Queensland Month.
For more information visit www.qld.gov.au/mqa