15 June, 2018 –
Applications are now open for the 2019 Queensland Day Sponsorship Program.
The Program encourages Queenslanders to celebrate Queensland Day in a way that reflects the unique culture, heritage and aspirations of their own community.
Each year, right across the state, Queenslanders mark this annual celebration of our people, places and achievements with barbeques, family fun days, festivals, street parades or an event unique to their community.
In 2019, Queensland will celebrate its 160th birthday.
Applications for sponsorship of up to $15,000 (exclusive of GST) are now being accepted for events being held to celebrate Queensland Day in 2019.
Events should be held on Queensland Day, 6 June, however can be held between 1 and 9 June 2019.
Events will need to:
- raise community awareness of Queensland Day and Queensland themes
- encourage community participation and engagement
- contribute to a statewide program of diverse, inclusive and innovative community events, celebrations, initiatives and promotions
- promote social, cultural and economic benefit to the community
- showcase local or Queensland entertainers, produce or icons.
For more information visit https://www.qld.gov.au/about/events-awards-honours/events/queensland-day/sponsorship-program