13 November 2017 –
I’d encourage all Stafford residents to check their eligibility for a range of special discounts and savings for seniors, families, students and more.
Our State’s economy has rebounded with nation-leading growth and the creation of 115,400 jobs since the last election. However, we also know the importance of helping disadvantaged and vulnerable Queenslanders. That’s why the Palaszczuk Government is investing $5.3 billion in 2017–18 on rebates and concessions to help Queenslanders with their cost of living.
Seniors may be eligible for –
- up to $200 a year off local government rates
- up to $340.85 a year off electricity bills
- up to $120 a year off water costs
- half-price public transport travel
- cheaper car and boat registration
- up to $400 a year through Home Assist Secure for household maintenance to help older Queenslanders and people with disability to remain living in their own homes
- a free pair of prescription spectacles every two years
Families may be eligible for –
- rebates of up to $300 to purchase an energy efficient fridge, washing machine or air conditioner (from 1 January 2018)
- up to $266 per student per year towards textbook costs
- Fairer Fares on public transport in South East Queensland with cheaper fares, fewer zones, and free travel for kids on weekends
- free dental care for eligible children
- rental bond loans for private rental accommodation
- subsidised tuition for eligible students undertaking certificate and diploma courses.
More information about the Queensland Government concessions and rebates will be available shortly on the Smart Savings website – www.qld.gov.au/smartsavings or to find out more contact the Queensland Government call centre 13QGOV (13 74 68).