15 September 2015 –
The Palaszczuk Labor Government is working on a better planning system that enables responsible development, and sustainability and livability.
Some of the areas planning laws can contribute to are:
- improving the quality of public places
- improving opportunities for jobs and local economies
- making housing more affordable
- making sure communities are supported with adequate infrastructure
- protecting important natural resources
- managing the impacts of natural hazards like flooding
- talking long term challenges like climate change and our ageing population.
The Government has released draft planning bills for public consideration – these are available now and open for consultation until Friday 23 October. For more information visit www.dilgp.qld.gov.au/planning-reform